Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Card with Vellum

Hello friends!
I am popping in to share a CAS card with vellum. 
DSC_0314
When it comes to wintery card, vellum seems to be another great source to create  frosty look with minimum effort.

I did some embossing with this stamp set "Winter Wishes" on a piece of pattern paper.  After I did that, I didn't know what to do with the rest...So, I decided to top it off with a piece of vellum. And see colorful diecut sentiment? I sprayed Heidi Swapp's Color Shine on watercolor paper and then I made the colorful die cut.
Happy Christmas
 I love how this turned out.

Here is a total random note... some "Star War" photos--->a blast from the past.
(May 4th, 2004, Orlando, Florida)
 
You know what movies we will be seeing soon :)
Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Carol McCready said...

Love the vellum card.
The pics really made me smile.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia! I love the softness of the vellum panel and your sparkly sentiment is the perfect touch!
It's so much fun to see pics of your kids when they were younger...looks like you all had a blast at Disney!

Lisa said...

Love this card Virginia, there's a homey peacefulness to it!

conil said...

Well you did choose the perfect thing to do with your background. Looks like a village on a cold, foggy, snowy day...topping it off with that bright sentiment reminds me of sunshine. Beautiful.

Harriet said...

Virginia, I am delighted with your card. The vellum adds "mystery" and softens the image beautifully. Love the photos, enjoy Star Wars--who won't?--!!!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is one awesome card - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! The colorful sentiment over that muted background - genius!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful! I love the houses on that patterned paper with the softness of the vellum and then you amp it up with the colorful sentiment!