Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #346


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the "Let It Snow" Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Tag It

 We are using Tim Holtz products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

I love using this stencil called "Holiday Knit". It is intricate-looking but it is so easy to use. With the Manila Tag (Inkessentials), I took out various Distress Inks ( Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio, Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon) and applied them to the tag. I also applied a thin coat of Gesso to keep the colors well-blended.

Merry Christmas ( Ch346 Tag It Tim Holtz Dec 9th)
 I then applied the Rub-on and added silver embossing paste. For the adornment, I attached the silver star with floss. Hope you are inspired to create tags. They can be made with Mixed Media or any style of gift tags. You can easily create some for holiday use!
  
As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by!  

PS: today happens to be my birthday! 
I just want to say...thank you for coming along on my journey here in this blog. Your feedback, visits and comments always make me smile. Thank you!!!

(snippet of my life from my mid-20s)
(I was a young Mom once--that was me holding little Stephanie!!)



24 comments:

Helen Gullett said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Virginia!! Have the fun and fantastic day celebrating you!
Your tag is fabulous, your the masked background!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Happy birthday and have a blessed year ahead! I'm so thankful for your like, your kindness and generosity. You always inspire me. Big hugs!

Lorraine A said...

Happy Birthday Virginia :-) I hope you have a fabulous day filled with cake and surprises :-)

LOVE your rag, the colours and stamping are fabulous, the whole design is very pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Caryn said...

Happy Birthday Virginia - it was mine on Monday - we have the same birthday week - yay! Love your tag this week - great colours.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love all the texture and elements you used!

LauraJane:) said...

Happy Birthday Virginia!! You are a Blessing to SOOOO Many:))
Your tag is Cozy too:)

Lin said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! Love your wonderful colorful tag today, bright and happy, just like your personality! I definitely need to get that stencil after seeing all the beautiful uses of it today!

alexandra s.m. said...

Joyeux Anniversaire my Dear Friend and many many happy returns!
Love your tag ;)
HUgs~

Gerry said...

A very happy birthday to a very special lady! You bring so much joy to so many people. Love the pictures. How young you were. You have a beautiful family.....you're a great mom and wife.

conil said...

...and a knockout. You've just gotten better with age (don't you hate it when someone says that). Anyway, many returns of the day. Hope your birthday and the coming year are everything you hope for.
Love the tag, by the way...I had to go buy that stencil because of...thanks for the enabling.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Virginia, have a super day!!!
A gorgeous tagg - I love the multi-coloured Holiday Knit stencil and stunning details!!

hugs
Heather xx

Harriet said...

Happy, happy day-Virginia. Your tag is lovely. I've never made tags....no time I guess. Each photo you shared is a treasure. You know, Virginia, the photo of you and Stephanie....you've "aged" very little. Again, your children's smiles are such a joy to see. I hope your day is every bit as exceptional as you.

Teresa Kline said...

happy, happy birthday Virginia! sweet tag, luv the fun colors. sweet photos too...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

sparkle & shine, kindess *~*

Shelly said...

Oooh, AWESOME tag!! And happy, happy, birthday to YOU!! :) Love the pics!

Lisa said...

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays Virginia!! Your tag is colorful and happy, very pretty! Love the photos ;)

Gayatri said...

Your card is gorgeous!Happy Birthday Virginia!
Gayatri xx

SonjaK said...

Just saw your tag and read that it was your birthday yesterday! Love the colors you used on your project they'll make Christmas look even merrier. Happy belated birthday. Hope you had a great day.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Best wishes on your birthday, Virginia!!!
Such a pretty tag you made, love all the colors and texture!

Cindy C. said...

Belated Happy Birthday Virginia!! What a beautiful tag you've created!

Anita in France said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Virginia ... hope it was a wonderful one ... wishing you a splendid and blessed year to come! Your tag's gorgeous ... love that rainbow knitted pattern! Hugs, Anita :)

Sharon Jones said...

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY {belated} to you, Virginia!!! Your tag is absolutely stunning! Must try to find time to make one...looks like fun!
Hugs,
Sharon aka Sunshine

Barb Ghig said...

Belated Happy Birthday to you, Virginia! I'm so sorry I didn't stop by sooner...I hope you had a wonderful day with your beautiful family! Thanks for sharing the photos of you 'through the years'! Love seeing you as a young mom :)

This is such a lovely tag! I love the pattern and all the pretty colors, and your sentiment is so elegant! So many pretty details, which you are so famous for ~ Hugs!!!

Cris G said...

Belated Birthday wishes to you Virginia!!! Hope that you had an amazing day celebrating with your beautiful family!
Your tag is a beauty, love the touch of the silver embossing paste and star to give some contrast and bling to all those happy colors.

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful tag! I love that stencil, and happy belated birthday! I've been utterly swamped, but I hope you had a great one!