Friday, December 25, 2015

Stretch Your Dies

Hello friends!
I hope that you are celebrating this day with your love ones. My family and I are spending time with my in-laws! Just in case you want to see some cards, I am sharing two cards today as to how to maximize the use of dies. Yesterday's pots also feature the same die, you can see it here.
 s
You know an intricate die is hard to come by, but this Penny Black Whirl Wreath Creative Die is absolutely amazing.

believe
I took an easy way to create this card. It's all about die cutting, nothing is too complicated in this design.

But what do you do when the die cut doesn't always come perfectly? My 6-year old Cuttlebug was getting a bit challenging for me to make the die cut. I saved a few pieces and then this happened....
hello
 I colored the flower (from Altenew Wild Hibiscus) with yellow neon ink dauber. I then used half of the Whirl Wreath as the embellishment. Adding a few splatter in the background and adhering the "hello" sentiment (part of the die from Hello December. See link below). I was pleasantly surprised how this turned out. I hope this gives you another idea if you are considering to get the Swirly Wreath.

I thought these two cards are perfect for this Christmas day! Have a super fabulous one!

Thank you so much for stopping by!
s


11 comments:

Greta said...

Wishing you & your family a wonderful Christmas, Virginia! Now I HAVE to get that die! I've always admired it used as a wreath, but oh my goodness your second card really wowed me--brilliant!

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice cards thanks for shariang!!!

Anita in France said...

All your cards with this delicious delicate wreath are gorgeous, Virginia ... love how you used the 'off cuts'! Wishing you and your family and wonderful and blessed Christmas! Hugs, Anita :)

Carol said...

Wow I have that die but never thought to use it like that. I will now! Merry Christmas!

Barb Ghig said...

How clever you are, Virginia! I love how you saved the day with your die cut pieces, and the flower is the perfect touch! Both cards are beautiful!!!

Sending you my best wishes for a very Merry Christmas! Thank you for inspiring us with your beautiful creations all year long ~ Hope your holiday travels are safe...enjoy your visit!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Brilliant, to just part of the die as adornment for the beautiful flower! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Virginia!

alexandra s.m. said...

Happy Christmas my dear Virginia!
You can stretch stamps like no other
I would never have thought about using half that wreath!
Pure genius!! Thank You!!
xx

conil said...

First of all, the wreath card is a joy to behold. Love the colored sequins reminiscent of holiday lights and that awesome sentiment. As for the second card, that's the way to use oopsies. It looks unique, fun and whimsical. LOVE the neon yellow (it being my favoritest color, naturally). Looks kind of like wings on your hibiscus.

Dawn E said...

that hello card is awesome. what a great way to use the die again!

Miriam Prantner said...

You are so good at making the most of a difficult situation! Love how you used the piece of the wreath!

Treasure Box said...

Wow, I hadn't really considered this die, but when I saw your card, I had to find out what die it was and it is definitely on my wishlist. Great embellishment. love it! Thanks for sharing.