Monday, June 12, 2017

DIY Pattern Paper

Hello friends!
Today's post is all about creating your own Design Paper.
I am sure you have come across with pattern paper with lots of colors and details.
Have you been inspired by the design paper? I sure have!  

I am using this Penny Black Stamp as my example.
s

I started out with a piece of Neenah white card stock. After some stamping and inking, this is it.
every good and perfect gift (2)

The entire images were stamped and colored in Distress Oxide.

every good and perfect gift

The following are a few key elements that I consider when designing a pattern paper.
1. image 2. color 3. textures 4. background 5. sentiment/words/print

Every good and perfect gift-001

The stamp sets Gifts from Above and Full Of Glee are finally back in stock.

s
Get 25% off the Copics Sale :use code HUE247

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Purple Princess said...

So pretty!!

Sue LD said...

Very pretty. I like the colors and texture.

conil said...

You're quite the designer...this really is gorgeous. You could run off copies and sell them. Your special "Virginia touches" makes it exceptional.

Harriet said...

Your card is lovely. I think Penny Black has great stamps, and your 'eye' sure does use stamps both uniquely as well as beautifully. Thank you.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the patterns you created, Virginia - so feminine!!

Misty Elam said...

Hi Virginia!! This is gorgeous!! I love the colors you chose!!! Hope you are well ~

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely!!

Dawn Turley said...

very pretty Virginia. Love the different textures and all the design elements on the background

Harriet said...

Your artistic eye really did awesome cards. I think your cube idea is really excellent. the strip is wonderful. In my challenged eye, I can see multiple uses for these unique stencils. Thank you.

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh my, Virginia, this is STUNNING! I love the colours on this card and the blue in the background makes it even prettier. Well done as always!